Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SHELLEY SECOND WARD BUILDING

Shelley Second Ward Building
about 1940
posted by Carolyn J. Christensen
This is a picture of the building in which Carl Oscar and Gerda attended church when they moved to Shelley.  It was later remodeled, about the time Gerda passed away.  When I was young, the cabin in back of the church was the Scout Cabin.  The chapel floor was slightly slanted downward toward the pulpit.  I remember trying to excuse myself during meetings to get a drink so that I could explore the stairs to/and the bell tower.  However, I don't remember being courageous enough to disobey my parents and go clear to the top. There was probably a door to block any small intruders from the tower room.   The other room I remember is a dance hall in the basement where my parents would take part in Square Dancing.   The children would lay on blankets on the benches or under the benches around the edge of the hall.  I loved my mother's red and white checked Square Dance dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!